Sunday, March 9, 2008

Praising the Lord with Jesus Lifehouse Intl. Church

This morning (Sunday morning... this blog is being written Monday afternoon however... computer crashed yesterday) I woke up around 5 AM. My sleeping habit the last few days has been horrendous. I believe this is due to our extreme exhaustion after excursions. So I had a little time to kill before heading off to church. I did a bit of reading, and checking the news on-line.

I took the train to get to the next stop (about a half-mile away). I could have walked, I guess, but I'm at the point right now that if I can get somewhere without using my legs, I'll go that route! The directions that I received from the church website were good and I had no problem getting there. As a matter of fact, I made it to the church 45 minutes early. Service started at 11:30 (not use to a late morning service starting time), and I arrived at around 10:45. Fortunately, I met a couple, from Canton, Ohio (imagine that... meeting nearly 6000 miles from home), that made me feel at home with there welcome. They've been in Tokyo for nearly two years and are active with the church. I also had a chance to meet the pastor, Rod Plummer. He was birthed out of the Hillsong church in Australia. God had placed on his heart, about seven years ago, a burden for Asia, and especially a burden for Tokyo. God is moving in Tokyo. There are currently churches in two different locations in Tokyo, one in Osaka, and there's now a Lifehouse church in Bejing, I believe. Service was cool. It was done in both Japanese and English. Rod, of course, spoke in English and there was an interpreter who translated the message in Japanese. Praise and Worship was short, in comparison to Crusaders (my church), but effective. They sang a few Hillsong songs.

I didn't take any photos during the service, one, because they don't allow it (I don't understand that, by the way), and two, I was enjoying the service! But if you want to check the entire message out, I believe that you can go to www.jesuslifehouse.tv/category/centraltokyo/ to either watch the taping or listen to the audio. The message title is "We are a 'Polaroid Picture' of the Future."

No comments: